Kids birthday party entertainment in Sydney’s Northern Beaches: party places, party ideas
Northern Beaches at a glance
Surfing, hammocking at a beach shack, brunching by the sea. If this is your ideal lifestyle, you’ve hit the jackpot at Sydney’s Northern Beaches.
Superheroes Inc is the first choice for Kids Party Entertainment in Sydney’s Northern Beaches, including:
Allambie Heights 2100
Balgowlah Heights 2093
Beacon Hill 2100
Bilgola Plateau 2107
Church Point 2105
Coasters Retreat 2108
Collaroy Plateau (West) 2097
Cottage Point 2084
Curl Curl 2096
Dee Why 2099
Duffys Forest 2084
Elanora Heights 2101
Elvina Bay 2105
Frenchs Forest 2086
Great Mackerel Beach 2108
Killarney Heights 2087
Lovett Bay 2105
Manly Vale 2093
Mona Vale 2103
Morning Bay 2108
Narrabeen North 2101
North Balgowlah 2093
North Curl Curl 2099
North Manly 2100
Oxford Falls 2100
Palm Beach 2108
Scotland Island 2105
Terrey Hills 2084
Whale Beach 2107
Wheeler Heights 2097
Great characters with experience managing excited kids and endless ideas for more fun. We’ve had several parties now featuring Superheroes Inc guests and they’ve all been a huge hit.
Amber – North Manly – September 2018
Northern Beaches kids party venues and parks
Allambie Heights 2100 & Beacon Hill 2100
Sit on the beautiful lawns of Arnhem Road Reserve while your kids play in the recently upgraded playground.
Canea Reserve is an excellent place to practice bike riding, with a simple lane that runs through a grassy park.
Three great things about these neighbourhood playgrounds are the quiet, safety and ease of parking. Careden Reserve is a beautiful site with tall trees, a double swing, and great areas for picnicking.
You can’t go wrong with to satisfy your outdoor fix. It has an expansive football field, an interactive playground with a basketball court, plus it’s dog friendly!
Balgowlah 2093, Seaforth 2092, and Clontarf 2093
Brimbecom Playground is a grassed area that sits on a slope. You’ll find some play equipment, a neighbouring Scout Hall as well as picnic tables and chairs scattered about this park.
Baranbali Park is famous for its liberty swing (a special swing for kids in chairs), as well as its excellent playground. It offers plenty of shade and picnic tables as well as free street parking. However, there are no toilets nearby. Have a peek inside the neighbouring Baringa Bush Community Garden for seasonal fruit and veggies.
It’s not hard to see why Clontarf Reserve is a family favourite. Perhaps it’s the enclosed harbour swimming pool, huge sandy playground or simply gorgeous scenery (try and spot Spit Bridge opening up). But be warned: it gets very busy on the weekends!
We’ve used Superheroes Inc twice now and both times our experience has been fabulous.
Recently we had Ninja Phil and from the moment he made his entrance (in true stealth ninja style) he had the kids engaged and entertained.
We would highly recommend you anyone & everyone!
Yvette – Warriewood – August 2018
Belrose 2085, Davidson 2085, and Terrey Hills 2084
Belrose Library Playground is an enclosed environment with colourful play equipment. It’s a great little spot for a picnic nestled under trees.
Birrong Reserve is a local park that has a small playground, sheltered under leafy trees.
Lionel Watts Reserve and Playground, located in the heart of Belrose, next to the playing field, has a small playground which is great for toddlers, seating, bbq’s and free parking! Plus the trees provide lots of natural shade
Allworth Reserve is a quiet park shaded by maple trees, with a small playground and picnic table.
There’s plenty of open grass and tree shade in Burraga Reserve. The grounds are flat which is great for ball games, with a swing set at the far end of the park.
Brookvale 2100 & Manly Vale 2093
Brookvale Northern Park is perfect for an outdoor gathering. With BBQ and picnic areas, a shaded playground and the famous Brookvale Oval (home to the Sea Eagles) next door, this park is a hit with friends and family.
Just on the brink of Shelly Beach is the lovely Bower Playground. Nearby, you’ll find the beautiful International College of Management, where you can explore its scenic grounds.
Pretty painless process from the booking to confirming the details. Superhero on the day was excellent and engaged the kids the whole time. Willing to incorporate some specific activities. Great day enjoyed by all.
Jon – Mona Vale – April 2018
Manly 2095, North Manly 2100, and Fairlight 2094
If your kids haven’t had enough of playtime, you can stop at one of the many parks along the North Steyne. North Steyne Beachfront’s merry-go-round and large swing will keep them entertained.
The shaded playground has exciting play equipment, from swings to a racing car. You can bring your bikes and practice riding on their track. It’s fully fenced and next to the lagoon.
If you want to go for a swim, Manly Beach is close by. Little Manly Point is a stunning location that’s popular amongst families, fisherman and recreation-seekers alike. There’s so much you can do, from swimming in Little Manly Beach to rollerblading.
Ankali Place Reserve is an open-spaced, flat park with swings and an interesting spinner.
If your kids never tire of swings, then the small Brisbane Street Playground is just the place for them.
Collaroy 2098 & Wheeler Heights 2098
Kids will love the creative play equipment at Bruce Bartlett Reserve! While they’re spinning ‘round the carousel or rocking the boat, you can prepare a delicious barbeque right in front of the beach.
There’s no better playground by the sea than Collaroy Beach Playground. With great water-play equipment, big spinners and climbing frames, this is the perfect place to host a birthday party.
Ambleside Reserve features a colourful playground with plenty of street parking. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can take a trail to Narrabeen Lakes or stroll down to the village shops.
Cromer 2099, Dee Why 2099, and Narraweena 2099
Checkmate your mates inside Belmore Reserve. There is a chess table and a modern playground for your pleasure, as well as picnic tables.
Head to Dee Why Beach Playground for a great day out. This popular site has picnic tables and fun play equipment. Closer to the water, why not play a classic game of beach cricket or explore the rockpool? Don’t be afraid to get wet because there are plenty of showers available.
Beverley Job Park is a major hub for soccer players and joggers. It has a massive oval as well as an amazing swing in the playground. What’s another bonus? It’s dog-friendly, too!
Spider-Man was awesome and he took the pressure off the adults to entertain the kids
Suz – Wheeler Heights – June 2019
Narrabeen 2101, North Narrabeen 2101, and Elanora Heights 2101
Berry Reserve runs alongside the Narrabeen Lagoon where you’ll find many kayakers, fishers and cyclists gathered. It’s a beautiful picnic spot with an enclosed playground, basketball court, and even an outdoor gym if you fancy a workout.
Birdwood Park is perched on a hill that overlooks Narrabeen Beach. It’s a beautiful spot to have a picnic, with tables, BBQ facilities as well as an enclosed playground.
Bilarong Reserve is a huge 5.3ha parkland, that’s the ideal spot for fishing. You’ll also find the Narrabeen Lagoon Trail and nearby, there’s a scout hall, a large playground as well as outdoor showers for after wading in the lagoon!
Bilarong Reserve Playground has superb play equipment that’ll make your kids giddy with excitement, like the spinner and spider web. Barbeques are also up for grabs.
Allington Reserve is another excellent spot to have a picnic, away from busy crowds. It has a small playground.
Frenchs Forest 2086
If you’re kids are pining for slides and swings, Akora Reserve is a great park to quickly stop by. Further inside, there’s even a basketball half court.
Street-side Aranda Reserve has a small playground with flatlands ideal for a lawn picnic.
Brentwood Reserve is a simple park with a lowkey swing and slide set and grassy space.
With plenty of bushland, Brick Pit Reserve features grassy grounds with picnic tables and an enclosed playground. Just minutes away, there’s an exciting family indoor play centre which you can pop into.
Another fabulous Superheroes Inc Party. Andre – your team nail it, time and time again. 90 minutes of racing around a park with a group of very excited 8 year olds. Kieran was awesome. He had them all mesmorised – commando rolling around the place, playing amazing games and keeping them all entertained. Your team are so professional, calling ahead of time, punctual and engaged. I’m sad that my kids are almost growing too old for you and your team – a tween version please!
Annabel – Manly – May 2018
Forestville 2087 and Killarney Heights 2087
Bushwalkers and nature lovers must visit Angophora Reserve. It’s a large nature preserve that holds fascinating native flora and wildlife. Kids can check out the giant Red Gum Tree, or roam around in the playground.
Relax at Brown Street Reserve, a quiet park that has a small playground and barbeques.
Have an intimate picnic at Calca Reserve. There’s a lovely soft-padded playground shaded by trees, and you’re guaranteed a parking spot in the surrounding quiet streets.
What type of party entertainment will work best for my Northern Beaches kids party venue?
A party at home can be perfect for a Princess or Fairy party, or a Superhero party for a younger audience. It’s nice and safe in case you have little escape artists, and younger boys and girls love coming together for a story, or singing and dance games.
A park is the perfect birthday party venue if you have a larger group, or a group with younger and older kids. It also opens up a whole world of battle or war games parties, like Superheroes Inc.’s Combat Crew which are hugely popular with ages 7+. These parties involve battle training and then combat games or missions that involve NERF gun/ Laser Tag warfare! Not surprisingly, these battle parties need lots of space!
Halls and community centres and pubs and clubs vary in terms of space and facilities and access. As a key component of kids party entertainment is a big exciting entrance, we’ll work with you to create an awesome entrance and party ideas and activities to suit your space.
I have used superheroes.inc in the past and on both occasions the entertainer was exceptional
Edward – Belrose – March 2019
I want to book an indoor venue. What should I consider?
Function rooms come in a range of sizes. Are you hosting a large party—in which case, how many chairs and tables can you fit in the room? Perhaps you want room for a disco floor or a game of musical chairs, so make sure you’re across the size of the room. Community halls frequently have an outdoor playground at the back, which is great for yard games.
Most function rooms have a kitchen, which is excellent if you’re thinking of crispy party pies and chilled ice-cream cakes. Larger commercial sized kitchens have an oven, microwave, freezer/fridge, sink and kettle, while smaller ones tend to only have microwaves and kettles. Some venues also offer catering and function packages.
Count how many RSVPs you’ve received and now imagine if all those people will fit snugly in the room. As a guideline, 8m x 5m usually seats 70 people max.
To save parents from grumbling about parking spots, search the website for any onsite parking, metered or restricted. Also check to see if there are any buses, trains or ferries near the venue beforehand.
- Hiring Rates:
Prices may vary according to group size, as well as on weekends and school holidays. Often, there are specific session times for room hire (usually 3.5 hr/session). Some venues charge a cleaning fee for their later sessions.
The whole process was seamless and the entertainer did an absolutely fantastic job!
Matt – Manly – December 2017
I’ve decided on an outdoor park. What do I need to consider?
Again, make sure there’s parking nearby. Some of them are time-limited. If there is no parking available, a coastal walk is always a pleasant and rewarding alternative.
- Dogs Prohibited
Some parks do not allow dogs in the playground. Some dogs must be kept on leashes at all times to keep young children safe.
- Picnic Benches & BBQs
Generally, there are seats and tables in these parks. Bring a rug for your picnic hamper, or sprawl on the grass. There’s a limited number of BBQs, so make sure you get there early to claim it. Be wary that portable BBQs are prohibited in some parks.
- Hiring Rates
Some facilities, such as sporting fields, charge hiring fees. Note how the fees vary between weekdays, weekends and the school holiday.
- Public Toilets
Most parks have public toilets, but there’s always that one unpleasant exception! Make sure you know where the nearest loos are, especially if you’re hosting an outdoor party.
There are plenty of kiosks and cafes to satisfy your inner foodie around the parks. The Boathouse Shelly Beach is our favourite.
Where should I get my Kids Party Supplies in the Northern Beaches?
- AZ Party is like Amazon for party entertainment. They stock a wide range of products, which can be shipped to anywhere in Australia. Have a look online for themed party favours, balloon decorations and more.
- PartiesOnline is Australia’s largest online party supplier. With so many themes, decorations and tableware to choose from, and plenty of adult and kids costumes, it’s bound to give you lots of ideas.
- Party Savers stock the trendiest cake toppers, edible icing and more. It’s your one-stop-shop, where you can find items that range from kids to boutique party.
- It’s always the small things that make a huge difference! Shop around for themed party decorations, colourful pinatas and assorted party favours at Big W Warringah Mall.
- Keep it classy and simple with Let’s Party with Balloons. They supply stylish party decorations, fancy costumes and themed partyware for all occasions.
- Stocking the largest range of party supplies in Australia, The Party People can make your dream party come true. You can spend hours on their online store browsing through costumes, games, decorations and more! They’re known for their swift delivery and unique products, which you can also find in their Drummoyne store.
- If you’re into Kikki.K and minimalist designs, you’ll love Ruby Rabbit Partyware. You’ll find gorgeous, on-trend and hand-picked products that’s just right for your special occasion from this boutique online store.
- Order eye-catching centrepieces and custom-made balloon décor from Brookvale Balloons. From arches to personal bouquets, these people know how to brighten up any room. Plus, they provide free delivery throughout the Northern beaches!
- High-end fashion and party come together at Illume Partyware. You’ll fall in love with their beautiful pastel theme and modern touch to partyware. They launch a new collection every year, so your unique décor will be sure to wow guests.
- Who doesn’t love dressing up? Interlace Costume Shop have a wide range of costumes for both hire and sale. Whether you’re looking for wigs, makeup or iconic characters, they’ll have the right fit.
- Sift through Costume Box and pick out your perfect costume. They not only offer an unmatched range of costumes and accessories, but also party supplies.
- Mad Balloons can transform your party into a dreamland. They’re artists. Not just your classic helium balloons, big confetti balloons but also personal, bespoke design—elegant, creative.
- Are you thinking of hosting an outdoor barbeque or a cocktail party? Camelot Party Hire supplies all the essential equipment, from marquees to catering appliances to boomboxes.
- Bounce-o-Rama are jumping castle specialists. Each castle is unique and built with slides and themed from Animal Safari to Superhero.
Any suggestions for Cakes & Catering on the Northern Beaches?
- Want something quintessentially Aussie with a twist? Try Luscious Kiki Cakes for creative takes on lamingtons, as well as moreish cakes and biscuits.
- We found The Best Chocolate Cake in the World right inside Westfield Warringah Mall. And they’re called that for good reason! Made from a secret Portuguese recipe, you get a mouth-watering decadent dessert. Judge for yourself and see how this sensation has tempted chocoholics around the world!
- Local sensation Graze n Cakes is a Vietnamese/French-inspired bakery. They’re famous for their cheesecake, tender pork belly rolls as well as their creative special occasion cakes (just like Cake Boss)!
- People always remember the food, so why not give people something to rave about? Nourishing Nosh brings you organic, tasty food that is (home)made to impress. That’s real wholefood bursting with Mediterranean, Asian or Middle Eastern flavours.
- You can trust Catering Northern Beaches to deliver a specialised catering service. Choose from a range of exquisite signature menus and celebrate your cocktail party or private dinner knowing you’re in good hands.
- Treat your guests to scrumptious finger food from Gourmet Tarts. They are made only from the freshest, highest quality ingredients and beautifully presented.
- North Manly Gourmet Food offer a diverse range of mouth-watering cuisines, from antipasto platters and quiches to sushi and more. Have a look at their canape, buffet and morning tea menu, and hear to your tummy growl.
- Catering By Design are experts in the field. Whether you’re wanting a chocolate fountain, an outdoor cookout (with your own BBQ chef) or elegant multi-course meals, these experienced caterers know how to impress your guests.
So, what do you think? Have we missed your favourite venue/park/provider? We’d love to see your comments in the section below!
Contributor: Superheroes Inc. is a leader in kids party entertainment, with over 21,000 birthday parties worth of experience over 17 years. Whether it’s princess or fairy party, a pirate or superhero birthday bash, they can bring the magic to children’s special occasions as well as corporate events all over Sydney.