Kids birthday party entertainment in Sydney’s North Shore: party places, party ideas
Sydney’s North Shore at a glance
It’s the perfect, just-far-enough escape from the bustling city!
Superheroes Inc is the first choice for Kids Party Entertainment in Sydney’s North Shore, including:
Berowra Waters 2082
Crows Nest 2065
Lane Cove 2066
Lavender Bay 2060
McMahons Point 2060
Milsons Point 2061
Mount Colah 2079
Mount Kuring-gai 2080
Neutral Bay 2089
North Sydney 2060
St Ives 2075
St Leonards 2065
Terrey Hills 2084
The Spit 2088
West Ryde 2114
Excellent service, yet again! The kids had an absolute ball and our Rainbow Fairy was fabulous! Thank you : )
Ilana- Greenwich – July 2020
What do I need to consider for an outdoor event?
Make sure there’s parking nearby. Some of them are time-limited, others may be tolled. If there is no parking available, check to see if there are public transport options available.
- Dogs Prohibited
Some parks do not allow dogs in the playground. Some dogs must be kept on leashes at all times to keep young children safe. The North Sydney Council may issue an on-the-spot fine for dog droppings.
- Picnic Benches & BBQs
Generally, there are seats and tables in these parks. Bring a rug for your picnic hamper, or sprawl on the grass. There’s a limited number of BBQs, so make sure you get there early to claim it. Be wary that portable BBQs are prohibited in some parks.
- Hiring Rates
Some facilities, such as sporting fields, charge hiring fees. Note how the fees vary between weekdays, weekends and the school holidays.
- Public Toilets
Most parks have public toilets, but there’s always that one unpleasant exception! Make sure you know where the nearest loos are, especially if you’re hosting an outdoor party.
There are plenty of kiosks and cafes around the parks to satisfy your inner foodie.
The Best Parks for Kids Parties on Sydney’s North Shore
Lavender Bay 2060 & McMahons Point 2060
Iconic Wendy’s Secret Garden is no longer secret! It’s absolutely stunning, designed by artist Brett Whiteley’s wife, Wendy Whitely. Find your Zen in this serene retreat and enjoy the winding paths, sculptures and sweeping harbour views.
Secluded behind the Harbour Bridge, Watt Park is a stunning haven that few know about! The sea-themed playground is small, nostalgic and links to Luna Park. Walk under the stone-arch and you’re on a sandy strip – which is perfect for skimming pebbles. Watt Park makes a perfect summer day-trip!
At Sawmiller Reserve, you can enjoy the divine harbour, uninterrupted all day. Peaceful and pretty, it’s perfect for a picnic.
Waverton Park offers spectacular views of Sydney Harbour. There’s plenty of rolling green to spread a picnic rug. You can explore the old BP site and see where the oil tanks used to be.
Merrett Playground is small yet packed with fun. Make sure you bring a trike and scooter to play ‘petrol stations’ with the bowsers.
The beautiful Carradah Park won’t fail to arouse interest and excitement. This site was owned by the former BP Oil Company. Today, you can explore the remnants of the piping system. Not only is it rich in history, but it’s also filled with frogs!
Our entertainer was 10/10. So good.
Entertained kids wonderfully, and stayed extra time to help out.
Claire – Willoughby – May 2020
Cremorne 2090 & Mosman 2088
Toddlers will love Grasmere Children’s Park! Toadstool seats, teacup merry-go-round and horse rockers are just some of the hidden treasures in this delightful playground.
Mosman War Memorial Children’s Playground ticks all the boxes – a beautiful setting, bike tracks and a shaded playground split into a big kids and little kids area. Street parking is a breeze, and there are toilets on the Allan Border Oval.
Picnic, play or swim at the beach in Clifton Gardens Reserve. There is an expensive parking lot, so it’s best to get in quick for on-street parking.
Bordering the beautiful beach, Balmoral Park is a leafy park that’s big on activities. From the skatepark to the sports oval, there’s something for everyone.
Roar and Snore Glamping is for the brave-hearted and adventurous. Interacting with Taronga Zoo animals, you can experience an evening safari, an all-you-can-eat buffet, and then camp in a luxe tent!
Cammeray 2062 & Northbridge 2063
Tunks Park is one of the largest parks in Sydney’s North Shore. Right under Cammeray Suspension Bridge, this gorgeous park stretches across large playing fields and a lovely foreshore area. Explore the treehouse or dig in the gravel pit complete with a pulley and winch for serious little builders!
Wander through a small maze in the bushy Warners Park. It has a playground filled with fun mirrors and creative play equipment.
John Roche Playground is tucked behind Northbridge Public School. Just before your toddlers and preschoolers enter primary school, bring them along to relax and socialise.
Quick, efficient, organised and creative. Money well spent.
Our entertainer was fantastic and did a great job with the kids. He also mediated some tantrums and fights which was really a huge help for us, even though we were ready to step in.
All the kids had a fantastic time and we appreciated that it was in an open park making it difficult to coordinate.
Thank you very much. This is our second time using Superheroes and will continue to do so!
Nadine – Cammeray – December 2019
Willoughby Park will ignite discovery. There’s a musical tyre, whizzing roundabout and a sandpit for little ones. The older kids will have their share of fun too, with a giant spider web and swings outside. Make sure you bring along some sausages to barbeque or a ball to play with in the large adjoining oval.
Embark on an adventure in Hallstrom Park. It’s practically a mini Taronga Park Zoo – try and spot the camouflaged stone crocodile or prod the interactive ‘musicosaurus’. With easy access to bushwalks inside Bicentennial Reserve and a lovely gazebo to cool under, you can make a day to remember!
Lane Cove 2066 & Wollstonecraft 2065
Set beside Lane Cove River, Blackman Park is a bushy park with a flying fox, ping pong table and hammock-style swing. It’s got huge sporting ovals, a skateboard ramp and a basketball court for fitness junkies.
The vibrant Hughes Park will excite both kids and adults. From an outdoor gym to a colourful train and community garden, there’s something for everyone!
If you’ve dreamed of having your own private island, Berry Island Reserve is your answer. It’s a harbourside park popular for hosting special occasions, with a fun playground to entertain kids. Your furry friends can tag along too!
Brennan Park is the ideal picnic setting, with a gorgeous green glade and a ‘children’s fantasy’ themed playground to keep the kids entertained.
Lindfield 2070, Roseville 2069, and West Pymble 2073
Queen Elizabeth Reserve has looping paths that are great for practising on your bikes, trikes and scooters.
If your kids are artsy, Bancroft Park is a fabulous spot to visit, located next to the Ku-ring-gai Art Centre. The playground has a crocodile climbing structure, wobbly bridge and a sound tunnel. Plus, there are great paths for the kids to practise riding around.
Up your sandcastle building game at Bicentennial Park by making use of the tap set in the sandpit, which lets you fill buckets and make gloopy delights. Older kids have their own zone too, with a large swing and climbing walls! Sporting fanatics can enjoy the netball courts, football field and cricket pitch. If you and your pals need a caffeine fix to recharge, West Pymble shops are just 2 minutes away!
We have engaged superhero inc twice so far and have been super impressed with both, the entertainer is energetic and very engaging. The last person we had “Ash in Pokemon” was great as he got parents involved too we had lots of fun. Will use you guys again!
Jen – West Pymble – September 2019
Hunters Hill 2110, Ryde 2112, and Woolwich 2110
Buffalo Creek Reserve Playground has one of the best flying foxes in the area! You can also venture into a wooden cubby house, walk through the mangroves and challenge yourself on the huge play structure!
Head to Livvi’s Place for an all-inclusive playground filled with quirky equipment. The expansive grounds have winding pathways and if you go in Autumn, the grounds will be transformed into spectacular hues of orange and gold.
Dip into the relaxing Woolwich Baths on Lane Cove River. Swim with harmless jellyfish, or simply lie on your back on the shady beach, gazing up at the trees along the river. Life seems to slow down here.
Chatswood 2067 & St Leonards 2065
Picture-perfect Beauchamp Park is dotted with exotic camellias, magnolias and azaleas. Your kids will have endless choices of play equipment, from a flying fox to a sandpit with dinosaur bones, as well as a cow-ch (get it? A cow-shaped seat!)
Kids will have a guaranteed blast at Muston Park, with its brand new rocket ship. For the more terrestrial amongst you, try spotting eels, ducks and fish in the creek.
Bring a picnic rug to slide down a toboggan at Newlands Park! There’s a shaded playground for toddlers, surrounded by a small bike track and a challenging climbing frame for the older kids.
Roam to your heart’s content inside the huge St Leonards Park! It’s one of the best-loved parks, containing the premier sports-ground, North Sydney Oval, and a playground filled with snakes and ladders, swings and a musical shell. Dogs are welcome too, just not on the oval. Serve lunch under fig trees or head to The Greens, a family-friendly eatery.
The kids always love the activities and have so much fun. That’s the most important thing. We’ve done 2 ‘boy’ parties and both the boys and the girls have laughed throughout the session.
Rachel – Mosman – September 2019
Turramurra 2074 & Wahroonga 2076
Turramurra Memorial Park will satisfy the ultimate sports junkie, boasting an athletics track, football field, tennis courts and more. Kids are spoilt with open grass, hammock swings and a flying fox. Pack in your paddles and balls and play a game of table tennis too!
Wahroonga Park is fit for a wedding! Rolling lawns, a gorgeous gazebo and a vibrant playground – this park is perfect for the family. There’s play-equipment for every child, including a pirate ship, train and rodeo board. For a quick nibble, Café Patina is right across the road!
Hornsby 2077 & Mount Kuring-Gai 2080
Longing for a camping trip? Look no further than Crosslands Reserve! This gorgeous reserve has heaps of space, a picturesque river where you can kayak or swim, and a kid-friendly boardwalk that runs through salt marshes and mangroves. Nature beckons!
Willow Park Playground is a fully-fenced colourful oasis with a trickling creek. Bring along hats and slap on sunscreen as there’s no shade protection! On the plus side, Hornsby Westfield provides a nearby cool haven.
Build sandcastles in Bobbin Head Playground, which is itself a giant sandpit. Located inside Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park, it also offers canoeing, paddle-boat hire and a mangrove boardwalk for a peaceful stroll. There’s a great Mediterranean restaurant to solve lunch too!
Set in the beautiful Ku-ring-gai National Park, The Pavillion and The Station picnic shelters are prime venues for hosting outdoor birthday parties. There are BBQ facilities and calming water views to entertain guests.
The entertainers are great. Matthew did a great job on Saturday. He stayed in character the whole time, and engaged well with the kids.
They gave him a bit of a run for his money here and there, throwing him weird questions and doing unexpected things, but he wasn’t fazed at all, and adapted to them easily.
He was a great entertainer, and I would recommend him for future events.
Donna – Wollstonecraft – May 2019
What type of party entertainment will work best for my North Shore kids party venue?
A party at home can be perfect for a Princess or Fairy party, or a Superhero party for a younger audience. Younger children love coming together to hear a story or play singing and dance games. It’s also nice and safe in case you have little escape artists!
A park is the perfect birthday party venue if you have a large group or a group with younger and older kids. It also opens up a whole world of battle or war game parties, like Superheroes Inc.’s Combat Crew which are hugely popular with ages 7+. These parties involve battle training and combat games or missions that involve NERF gun / Laser Tag warfare! Not surprisingly, these battle parties need lots of space!
Halls, community centres, pubs and clubs vary in terms of space, facilities and access. We’ll work with you to personalise your party to the children and the space. This includes the activities, how the party is run and the big exciting entrance, which is a key component of kids party entertainment.
I have used superheroes.inc in the past and on both occasions the entertainer was exceptional
Edward – Belrose – March 2019
The Best Indoor Venues & Halls for Kids Parties on Sydney’s North Shore
I want to book an indoor venue. What should I consider?
Function rooms come in a range of sizes. Are you hosting a large party — in which case, how many chairs and tables can you fit in the room? Perhaps you want room for a disco floor or a game of musical chairs, so make sure you’re aware of the size of the room. Community halls frequently have an outdoor playground at the back, which is great for yard games.
Most function rooms have a kitchen, which is excellent if you’re thinking of crispy party pies and chilled ice-cream cakes. Larger commercial sized kitchens have an oven, microwave, freezer/fridge, sink and a kettle, while smaller ones tend to only have microwaves and kettles. Some venues also offer catering and function packages.
Count how many RSVPs you’ve received and now imagine if all those people will fit snugly in the room. As a guideline, 8m x 5m usually seats 70 people max.
To save parents from grumbling about parking spots, search the website for any onsite parking, metered or restricted. Also check to see if there are any buses, trains or ferries near the venue beforehand.
- Hiring Rates:
Prices may vary according to group size, as well as on weekends and school holidays. Often, there are specific session times for room hire (usually 3.5 hr/session). Some venues charge a cleaning fee for their later sessions.
How do I hire a Community Centre on the North Shore?
So you’ve found a private hall that’s perfect for your special event- GREAT! Now you’re probably wondering what to do next. Here are some things to consider:
- Check the hall’s availability by calling the Booking Officers on 9936 8200
- Read over the Conditions of Hire (refer to hire application forms)
- Discounts may be available, depending on conditions
- Pay via cash, credit, cheque
- Prices vary according to location, venue and the days of the week, ranging from $47/hr to $134/hr
- At some places, you can also hire equipment, like a lectern, projector screen, microphones and furniture. If they don’t have it, give the Party Hire Group a call!
- All venues have an additional cancellation fee. Make sure you confirm a date with your guests before booking a hall.
McMahons Point 2060
McMahons Point Community Centre has an upper hall that comes with a winged stage and kitchen. From its covered balcony, you can see the Sydney Harbour!
1st North Sydney Scout Hall can hold up to 40 people. With tables, a kitchen, and toilet facilities, this is a great venue to hold a small party. Kids can have a run around Sawmillers Reserve just outside.
Cruise on an entertainment-filled vessel from Proclaim Charters Noakes. With an underground dancefloor, sea-spray booths and an upstairs catering gallery, these cruise boats will undoubtedly impress guests.
Milsons Point 2061, Waverton 2060, and Wollstonecraft 2065
Make your day as iconic as the scene at Aqua Dining. This waterfront restaurant offers unrivalled views of the Harbour Bridge and a sophisticated Sydney dining experience. For your special function, there are coveted semi-private and exclusive areas.
Coal Loader Centre for Sustainability or The Coal Loader attracts eco-warriors around Sydney. With the largest green rooftop in Australia, there are so many beautiful, innovative venues for hire. The Mess Hall, Tunnel One and The Genia McCaffery Centre are popular choices for birthdays and meetings.
Socialise at The Wollstonecraft Club playing bridge or barefoot bowls. It’s a popular place for birthday parties and corporate functions, offers outdoor space with BBQ and tables and indoor clubhouse for food, music and screening.
North Sydney 2060
Enjoy the warm and natural ambience at The Grand Pittwater Function Centre. Choose from 3 rooms, each paired with a private patio and first-class catering service.
Next to Stanton Library, Fred Hutley Hall is a large hall that can hold up to 220 guests.
Inside the beautiful Civic Park, North Sydney Community Centre offers four airy sunlit rooms with heating, ceiling fans and free Wi-Fi connection. Some rooms have a piano or a kitchen with a bar fridge.
Perched on a roof, Green Moustache is a garden bar and restaurant surrounded by lush plants. It offers a seasonal menu accompanied by an extensive wine list. If the idea of a fireplace is more inviting, The Sky Room may be just for you. There’s a dedicated ‘eat street’ too. These function areas belong to The Vibe Hotel, planted in the heart of North Sydney’s CBD.
Hotels are usually great places to hold parties because the ambience is comfortable and the service is reliable. Rydges Hotel is no exception. Surrounded by parkland, and close to local attractions like Taronga Zoo and Luna Park, it’s perfect for a relaxed social gathering.
Whether you’ve booked The Marquee, Courtyard or the Aviary at The Greens, your guests will be treated to stunning waterfront and cityscape views. Try their famous fish and chips or the mouth-watering Whole Duck dish while you’re there.
Crows Nest 2065 & Cammeray 2062
Build your own LEGO land at Bricks for Kidz! It’s a creative space for curious minds and nifty fingers! You can host a Lego-themed party filled with games and bricks in their Crows Nest or Gordon centre.
Sit under gorgeous fairy lights at Small Bar. This romantic courtyard is ideal for intimate cocktail dinners, offering tailor-made menus and a great selection of wines and beers.
Northside Conference Centre offers stylish, spacious rooms complete with state-of-the-art audiovisual equipment, ideal for presentations and award-nights (perhaps Parent of The Year?). The Foyer is a lovely cocktail area with soft light and ample space.
Boogie to your heart’s content at Crows Nest Dance Centre. There’s air-conditioning, a bar area and an amazing sound system inside this upbeat studio, which makes it perfect for entertaining parties. Lucky for you, there are fabulous restaurants and cafes all around Crows Nest.
The Public is made for celebrations. With a dedicated function area and jaw-dropping food choices (think Whole Roast Suckling Pig Feast and a cool dessert bar), this inviting space welcomes all parties, big and small.
Cremorne 2090 & Neutral Bay 2089
Celebrate as though you’re in New York City inside the sleek Barrel Bar and Dining. This beautiful restaurant uses the Harbour Bridge and Opera House as a backdrop. Why not treat yourself and indulge in a little wine from its own boutique bottle shop?
Ideal for social functions, Forsyth Park Centre is located within Forsyth Park and has a large hall with kitchen facilities, available for hire on weekends only.
A few minutes from Folly Point, Kendall Community Centre is a great spot to host your child’s birthday party. It contains KU Cammeray Preschool and offers a large hall with a kitchen and a lovely balcony.
Neutral Bay Community Centre offers two rooms, including a large hall with a stage and a smaller meeting room. It also has a drop-in café, serving tea and bikkies for just $2 (for members)!
Gunners Barracks is a prime waterfront location that offers bespoke catering options, perfect for High Tea, birthday lunches and cocktail parties. Choose from the Harbour Terrace, Drawing Room or Main Dining Room to host your function.
Athol Hall has that nostalgic charming about it. It’s a heritage venue looking onto Athol Beach and surrounded by nature. Busy during Christmas, offers home-cooked food. Hire cabaret, theatre or cocktail style function rooms.
Warringah Bowls Mosman know how to throw a good party. From DJs to jumping castles, canapes to a pizza bar, this club is full of energy.
The grand Hotel Mosman, affectionately nicknamed ‘the duck’, offers free room hire for functions. Its experienced staff provide tasty canapes with a smile.
Relax at Mosman Club. With excellent chefs and friendly service, rest assured that your function will be a success. The Auditorium caters for large cocktail events as well as small gatherings, offering a private bar, stage and dance floor.
A newcomer to the Function Venue scene, The Fernery Mosman is making a name as a stylish rooftop glasshouse. Come for the hanging pot plants and a homegrown modern dining experience. The bright Balmoral Room treats guests to an amazing city skyline, while The Rose Bar and Gin Bar offer unique craft beers and cocktails.
It’s water, water everywhere you look at The Middle Harbour 16ft Skiff Club. Inside the award-winning Zest Function Centre are start-of-the-art rooms and private decks, so you can celebrate with water lapping by your feet.
Naremburn 2065 & Northbridge 2063
Soak in the dusky cellar-vibes at Flat Rock Brew Café, the only brewery on the lower North Shore. You can hold a unique function in the Barrel Aging Room, where you’ll also get an exclusive beer tasting opportunity. There’s also a larger function room upstairs with a large-screen TV. With canapes, finger food and hearty courses, Flat Rock offers many catering packages.
Gallery 307 attracts art-lovers and creative minds. Hanging local contemporary art, it’s a unique space used for cocktail parties and sit-down dinners. Kids can host a fun party at the workshop – there’s nothing more rewarding than taking home a piece of artwork, be it a self-painted t-shirt, hand-crafted pot or jewellery!
Harbourview Dining – the name says it all! Boasting gorgeous views of Middle Harbour, this venue has a rolling golf course as well as a beautiful parquetry dance floor. Envision a draped ceiling, long or round tables, and tasty food options.
The Bridgeview is the throbbing heart of the Willoughby community. The helpful, smiling ‘Bridgey’ staff welcome any celebration, whether it’s a birthday or corporate event. Order assorted sharing platters or reserve a VIP spot in the bistro!
Club Willoughby has several outdoor and indoor function venues up its sleeve. Catering is covered; finger food, buffet or À la carte. Popular options include: The Legion Annex which is an intimate room, the main Auditorium with a dance stage and a stocked bar, and the Beer Garden with a spacious outdoor area and the option for a catered BBQ.
Sports are a great way to bring people together. The WLC Sports Hall has badminton, basketball and netball courts for hire. Note that it can get busy during the school holidays.
The Willoughby Hotel is another community treasure. Whether you want The Terrace’s stylish ‘alfresco’ barbeque, or more rustic charm with an open fireplace in The MacMahon Room.
Historic Laurelbank Cottage sets a magical backdrop for your special day. Step into the lush garden or glide down terraced balconies, this heritage landmark has a timeless glamour like no other.
Modern and vibrant, The Concourse is Sydney’s beloved venue for live arts and music events. Hire a world-class Concert Hall, an intimate Theatre or the gorgeous Civic Pavilion to host an unforgettable event. There are delectable catering options for all occasions as well as a restaurant.
If you’re a bookworm, wriggle into the Willoughby Room inside Chatswood Library, which is just below The Concourse! Chat about your favourite book with family and friends over tea and coffee.
Right in the heart of the CBD, Chatswood Club has a versatile function room called Level One. It’s popular for birthdays and live entertainment, comfortably accommodating 250 guests.
Ideal for kids aged 6 months to 7 years, Simply Fun offers customizable party packages filled with dance, games, rides and songs. There are also fun gymnastic and fitness activities to get young bodies moving.
Mantra Chatswood’s function rooms are suitable for medium-sized events. They offer an innovative menu and a cool bar.
Classic Cupcake Co will give your child cupcake decorating skills that match any Masterchef Junior. For an unforgettable experience, gather a small team of bakers and learn to make gorgeous cake pops and buttercream succulents that are oh-so delectable, personal and fun!
Killara 2071, St Ives 2075, and Mount Ku-ring-gai 2080
A little birdie (boom-tish!!!) told us that Killara Golf Club holds an elegant Clubhouse surrounded by stunning parkland. Whether you’re planning a birthday party, school reunion or wedding, the club will cater to your needs with professionalism and style.
Stealthy ninjas will love Moving Bodies in Mount Ku-ring-gai. Host an amazing birthday party in this indoor venue, with a huge range of challenging obstacles – we’re talking about rope climbs, floating steps and more! Adults can also try their hand at parkour or the Ninja warrior course!
Lane Cove 2066
The Alcott is a stylish, homely venue designed for parties. Choose from several spaces to host your event, including The Sirocco, The Dining Room which serves a fresh Mediterranean-inspired menu, or if you’re after a more intimate reception, The Terrazza.
Scouting around for a simple hall? There are 2 large halls with a beautiful wooden floor and kitchen at the Lane Cove Scout complex. It’s close to the Blackman Park sporting complex.
Not only does Pymble Golf Club have the finest parkland courses in Australia, it’s the perfect setting for a social gathering. Whether you need a room for intimate groups or large parties of 200, this club packages talented chefs and beautiful rooms for your function.
Awesome actor, he was so funny and engaged with the kids so well, even though it was 28 degrees he never broke character!
Lauren – Cammeray – November 2018
Best Parks and Playgrounds in Sydney’s North Shore – The Full List!
Lane Cove 2066
Lavender Bay 2060
McMahons Point 2060
- Mosman War Memorial Children’s Playground
- Allan Border Oval
- Clifton Gardens Reserve
- Balmoral Park
- Roar and Snore Glamping
Mount Ku-ring-gai 2080
St Leonards 2065
West Pymble 2073
Best Indoor Halls and Venues in Sydney’s North Shore – The Full List!
Crows Nest 2065
Crows Nest 2065
Frenchs Forest 2086
Lane Cove 2066
McMahons Point 2060
- McMahons Point Community Centre
- 1st North Sydney Scout Hall
- Sawmillers Reserve
- Proclaim Charters Noaks
Milsons Point 2061
- Gunners Barracks
- Athol Hall
- Warringah Bowls Mosman
- Hotel Mosman
- Mosman Club
- The Fernery Mosman
- The Middle Harbour 16ft Skiff Club
Mount Ku-ring-gai 2080
Neutral Bay 2089
North Sydney 2060
- The Grand Pittwater Function Centre
- Fred Hutley Hall
- North Sydney Community Centre
- Green Moustache
- The Vibe Hotel
- Rydges Hotel
- Taronga Zoo
- Luna Park
- The Greens
St Ives 2075
The Spit 2088
Any recommendations for Kids Party Supplies/Costumes/Party Hire on the North Shore?
Supplies & Decorations
- Partyplace at Roseville Chase delivers unique, trendy party supplies for all occasions and themes. From organic garlands to confetti balloons, this boutique store works with local venues, stylists and florists to create truly beautiful party pieces.
- Party Savers are a top family-run business, so they know how important family parties are. They provide affordable and high-quality party products for every age and occasion. From an elegant boutique range to kids character costumes, their highly trained staff can help plan your event.
- Pymble-based Party Hire Group are your go-to for party equipment hire. A full range of chairs, marquees and kitchen equipment can be browsed on their website in detail. For functions big or small, this group is more than happy to help you prepare for a successful event.
- Decorations by Jelena in Thornleigh takes the stress out of party planning. The team is experienced in styling, decorating and floristry and offer both a DIY hire and Done-For-You styling, where they do it all for you.
- Inside Chatswood’s Westfield, there’s a brilliant supply shop called Party Pop. Stocking heaps of balloons, themed decorations and costumes. It’s your one-stop shop!
- TM Events, formerly Taj Mahal Events is a full-service event décor company, specialising in birthday parties, weddings and corporate events. If you’re after an Indian or South Asian themed event, this team knows how to impress your guests.
- Bee Box Parties in West Pymble will bring your child’s dream party to life. Open a Bee Box package for a fuss-free, fail-proof surprise that will delight children. Containing customised partyware and high-quality favours, Bee Box makes life easy for parents.
- Born to Party will cover all your balloon needs. Stylish, modern and trendy, these balloon experts also supply unique partyware that never fails to impress. Have a look inside their Mosman store and pick out beautiful designs for your celebration.
- If you’re into Kikki.K and minimalist designs, you’ll love Ruby Rabbit Partyware. You’ll find gorgeous, on-trend and hand-picked products that are just right for your special occasion.
- Order eye-catching centrepieces and custom-made balloon décor from Brookvale Balloons. From arches to personal bouquets, these people know how to brighten up any room. Plus, they provide free delivery throughout the Northern beaches!
- High-end fashion and party come together at Illume Partyware. You’ll fall in love with their beautiful pastel theme and modern touch to partyware. They launch a new collection every year, so your unique décor will be sure to wow guests.
- Who doesn’t love dressing up? Interlace Costume Shop has a wide range of costumes for both hire and sale. Whether you’re looking for wigs, makeup or iconic characters, they’ll have the right fit.
- Sift through the Costume Box and pick out your perfect costume. They not only offer an unmatched range of costumes and accessories, but also party supplies.
- Mad Balloons can transform your party into a dreamland. They’re artists. Not just your classic helium balloons, big confetti balloons but also personal, bespoke design—elegant, creative.
- Are you thinking of hosting an outdoor barbeque or a cocktail party? Camelot Party Hire supplies all the essential equipment, from marquees to catering appliances to boomboxes.
- Bounce-o-Rama are jumping castle specialists. Each castle is unique, built with exciting slides and has plenty of themes to choose from, from Animal Safari to Superhero.
- Stocking the largest range of party supplies in Australia, The Party People can make your dream party come true. You can spend hours on their online store browsing through costumes, games, decorations and more! They’re known for their swift delivery and unique products, which you can also find in their Drummoyne store.
Any suggestions for Catering on Sydney’s North Shore?
- One Pot Catering provides drop off and venue catering services, with an extensive menu selection covering any dietary requirement, event or budget. From parties to weddings, these experienced caterers provide a modern flare.
- Family-focused Karen Will Cater offers an affordable range of delicious main meals, exquisite desserts and sticky finger food. How can you say no to generous portions and beautifully plated home-made food?
- Cupcakes and Canapes are proud to deliver nutritious food. They are known to please even the fussiest eaters. Cooking for youngsters, decorating food and serving cocktail snacks are their specialty.
- Salt of the Earth knows that beautiful food presentation can open the appetite. From rich pastries to melt-in-your-mouth lamb, you can trust these people to take care of all the little details.
- Planning food for a party is hard work. Whether you want to serve canapé, cocktail buffets, a la carte or simple party food, Corella Fine Foods knows how to cater to impress.
- Food is fair and square at Square Catering. Their focus is on fresh food, so everything in their catering package is wholesome and delicious.
- De’lish Catering satisfies foodies. Its locally-sourced artisan products are so good that they’re given as gifts – like their honey, wine and relishes.
- Celebrate your special day with Il Bacio Catering. Not only do they prepare delicious food, but they also offer event management and styling to ensure the theme is consistent and impressive.
- Colourful, fresh and delicious, the paella specialists Food Adventura are passionate about authentic Spanish food. They offer tailor-made packages that cater to both small, private parties and large corporate events.
- Aston Catering in Chatswood is dedicated to providing fresh, quality produce. Whether you’re after seafood or poultry, they’ve got a delicious menu that will wow even the pickiest eaters.
Where can I order cakes and baked goodies on Sydney’s North Shore?
- Satisfy your sweet tooth with Sweet Connoisseur. You’re in safe hands because Bill, the pastry chef, has worked with big names like the Ritz Hotel and Taronga Zoo. Nip into the Wahroonga store for handmade chocolate and special eye-candy cakes!
- Sweet Lilac Cakes bring joy to both parents and children with their hand-crafted artisan cakes, personalised for your special occasion. Not only are the cakes delicious, but the designs are Pinterest worthy!
- If you want home-made cakes and pastries, Baked by Fiona is your answer. From buttercreams, ganache and icings, everything is made using the freshest ingredients.
- Bakealicious by Gabriella specialises in wholesome, natural and delicious baked goods. Everything is lovingly made. What’s more, there’s a smart Rewards program that lets you save money and eat cake – it’s a win-win!
- Ganache Patisserie will add a touch of French sophistication to your celebration. From savoury to sweet, this charming local business will deliver all your favourite treats and more.
Delicious aromas waft out of St Honore Bakery in Mosman and North Sydney. This small local bakery offers heaps of delicious sweet and savoury options.
- Pierre’s Patisserie is your boutique patisserie in Turramurra. Everything is made in house. Their Italian Cornetti is a must-try, as well as their devilish mud cakes and award-winning vanilla slice.
- Bourke Street Bakery is Neutral Bay’s proud old-fashioned bakery where everything is made carefully by hand. Tempt your party guests with a flourless Belgian Chocolate Cake, Ricotta Cake or one of many unique tarts.
- Kiss Me Cakes will surely smack lips together with its scrumptious selection of boutique cakes. Everything is made from scratch, whether it’s custom-designed celebration cakes to wedding cakes.
- Soiree Cakes custom design an incredible range of cakes and cupcakes inside their Milson’s Point Studio. They are truly works of art. Baking in virtually any size, shape and flavour, these cake specialists know how to stun guests. They require at least 4 weeks notice to plan something spectacular and unforgettable for your event.
- The Polished Spoon in Lane Cove is a private boutique bakery loved by locals for its homely flavours. Old fashioned recipes have been adjusted to match modern tastes, suiting vegans and vegetarians alike.
- My Little Cupcake at Neutral Bay delivers beautiful cakes, pretty cupcakes and edible sugar flowers across Sydney. Bring a box of magic to celebrate your child’s birthday.
And what about Jumpy Castles & Fairy Floss etc?
- Build your own amusement park with carnival rides, inflatable water slides and fairy floss with Bubbling with Energy.
- Super Castles is a leading jumping castles supplier, offering a delightful range of bouncy castles and waterslides. Inflatable amusements will make your birthday memorable!
- Check out Bouncy Beez for cool jumping castle designs to suit all occasions and weather (each castle comes with their own rain jacket!).
- Bounce o Rama are jumping castle specialists. Each castle is unique, built with exciting slides and has plenty of themes to choose from, from Animal Safari to Superhero.
So, what do you think? Have we missed your favourite venue/park/provider? We’d love to see your comments in the section below!
Contributor: Superheroes Inc. (Est 2002) is a leader in kids party entertainment, with over 23,000 birthday parties worth of experience. Whether it’s princess or fairy party, a pirate or superhero birthday bash, they can bring the magic to children’s special occasions as well as corporate events all over Sydney.